Tuesday, May 2, 2017

What to Expect When Losing Weight

I created the Lipolysis Diet about nine years ago after some extensive research and a bit of experimenting on myself and watching others who I have coached have the same success. I have helped quite a few people lose weight and I continue to educate people like me who love food and struggle every day to keep the weight off.

Unlike those personal fitness and weight loss gurus who can virtually eat anything they want and stay as thin as a pole, I have struggled to stay fit and healthy while combating all my food addictions, depression and hormone changes. I personally know what the inner battle is like and how hard it is to fight the lethargy, lack of self-esteem, depression, anxiety and fear, hunger pangs, and all the cravings on a daily basis. I know just how easy it is to fall back into bad habits and let go of self-discipline.

Over the last 18 months or so, I had forgotten to take care of myself as I focused on life events and the craziness that consumed every waking hour of my life. As that slurry of messiness wrapped up, I found myself around twenty-five pounds heavier- YES 25lbs over weight. This was on top of the residual fifteen pounds I still struggled to lose left over from the dismal sixty-pound weight gain during my toxic marriage back in the mid 2000's.   In summary, my weight crept back up to over 205lbs again simply because I was more worried about other things than what went into my mouth and adhered to my waistline.

In April, I decided to be diligent and go back onto the Lipolysis Diet I created and honed over the years.  I know that it is very effective at dropping fat efficiently and quickly without causing dramatic muscle loss in the process. The diet is easy to follow and easy to do; it is easily modified for dietary restrictions and can be followed even at restaurants or parties. In this diet, there is not a lot weird rules or crazy meal plans. Anyone can lose fat by following it and anyone can afford to do it.  It is a very simple, easy, straight forward, and cost effective, plan.

Here are the basics:
1. Get 7-9 hours of sleep per night
2. Stretch and exercise every morning
3. Drink unsweetened tea and coffee
4. Increase fiber intake
5. Take probiotics and prebiotics
6. Replace simple carbohydrates with complex carbohydrates
7. Limit sugar intake to 25 grams per day, keep a food log
8. Increase protein and "good" fat intake
9. Consume 70% vegetables, 20% proteins, 10% all the other stuff
10. Use ergogenics (optional) to help accelerate weight loss


Please refer to my previous blogs about my Lipolysis Diet to learn more.

 Here is basically my Lipolysis Diet regimen:

  •  Breakfast
4 Eggs, 3 - 6 oz Meat, 1/2 C Lintels, salsa, Coffee or Tea
(Steal Cut Oatmeal with fruit after Workouts)

  • Snack
Nuts or legumes, Protein shake

  • Lunch
1/2 C Vegetables, 6 oz Meat,  Water or tea
(Cottage Cheese Optional)

  • Snack
Protein Bar or Vegetables & Hummus

  • Dinner
1/2 C Vegetables, 6 oz Meat, Water or Tea

  • Dessert 2X per week
Peanut Butter Bars                        Chocolate Coconut Squares
4 TBS Peanut butter                      Chopped Coconut                    
2 Scoops Protein Powder              1/2 TBS Cocoa Powder
1/2 TSP Stevia Extract                  1/2 TSP Stevia Extract



What to expect when losing weight:

  • The first two weeks are awful! I won't lie. The withdrawals from sugar and simple carbohydrates will drive any person insane. As Americans, we are addicted to sugar and are used to consuming hundreds of grams of refined sugars per week. Sugar is in just about everything and hard to avoid. The addiction is both mental and physical, so while headaches, temperature irregularities, and the shakes are common physical withdrawal symptoms, the mind is constantly thinking about its next fix and plays mean tricks to get you to succumb to its cravings. But after the two weeks, the nasty withdrawals subside, the cravings calm down, and it gets easier to maintain the diet. 

*Hint: going cold turkey is easier than decreasing sugar intake because it is harder to convince the mind to stick to a scheduled decrease at regular intervals than sticking to a preset limit of 25g of sugar per day. Plus, most people find excuses to increase their sugar intake back up to where it was originally, such as on Tuesday, "It was just a slice of pizza and a medium soft drink, I will start where I left off tomorrow," and by Friday "But it is my friend's birthday today so a few drinks isn't going to hurt."  (Note: one slice of pizza has 110g of sugar, a medium Coke has 44g of sugar, and a few alcoholic drinks can be as much as 380g of sugar.)

  • Most people who follow my Lipolysis Diet loses anywhere from 2 - 8 pounds in the first two weeks. Most of the initial weight loss is water weight. Then the body starts sloughing away body fat. Most of the people who follow this precisely loses 1 - 2 pounds of body fat per week. I knew a person who lost 13 pounds in her first month simply by sticking to the diet plan.
  •  Eating fruit, dairy, simple carbohydrates, or alcoholic beverages completely stalls fat loss and adds water weight. Eating anything with a high sugar content, whether natural or artificial, will bring back the cravings and subsequent withdrawals again.  Find replacements (sugar-free substitutions) if the cravings get too bad. Call a friend who will help you out of indulging.
  •   Plan ahead and use slow-carb recipes to help mix it up. Add flavor with herbs and spices. Make casseroles and large dishes to section it out for quick, easy lunches or dinners. Replace rice and bread with cauliflower. Replace pasta with spaghetti squash, sweet potato, or zucchini.  Do something different every week. Eat as much vegetables as you want.  Have fun with it! 

I would love to hear from you. Tell me about your success story.







No comments:

Post a Comment