Friday, March 18, 2011

Weight loss made easy.

I cut out sugars, sweetners, HFS, carbs, fruits, fruit juices, and 99.9% dairy.

What do I eat, you ask?  Protein, lentils, and veggies.  I thought it was going to be boring but actually it is not.  And best part is, I have lost a total of 8 lbs on it thus far.
Grass fed beef, bison, wild game, and fish are on the top of my list. Poultry also adds options when red meat becomes really boring.  Add lentils to the side and the meat doesn't look too boring.
Then all sorts of veggies appear in the spectrum as well.  Broccoli, spinach, artichoke, kale, cauliflower,  okra, rutabaga, carrots, celery, cucumber, radish, turnip, peas, green beans, brussels sprouts, asparagus... oh the list goes on and on.  The only things to avoid there are all potatoes, except sweet, and corn (which is technically a grain anyways).  Salads are wonderful with oil and vinegar dressing.  Go exotic and add dandelion leaves, sprouts, and sunflower seeds to the mix.  Oh heaven!

Not your style...I understand.  But find your style within these limits and you won't be too disappointed. 

Then there is your day off.  I just had mine yesterday for St. Patties Day.  I had pizza, beer, icecream, and cookies.  But funny thing was, I didn't crave all that much, and I lost my appetite for breads which I used to adore breads.  My energy levels are absolutely through the roof now as well, and my tastes for sweets have changed. 

So: 1.) Start your day with 35 grams of protein; 2) be fancy with your protein, lentils, and vegetables so they are not so boring; 3) add 1/4 cup of lentils to the side of each meal; 4) pile your plate up with vegetables that you love; 5) drink coffees, teas, and water all day long; 6) end your day with a fiber drink such as FiberWise drink from Melaleuca; 7) schedule 4-5 days off per month to reset your metabolism and curb those pesky cravings.   

No comments:

Post a Comment